TurningWheels

Thursday, July 21, 2005
  Abortion, schmabortion
 
Pardon my ignorance, but when did the Supreme Court's job solely become protector of fetus killing? The extreme tunnel vision of so many Americans just boggles my mind. There are so many issues that affect all Americans, yet the only one that you'd think matters is abortion, when, in fact, abortion has no place at the federal level. Which brings up the total hypocrisy of these people-- they are on the same rung of the political spectrum that says "medical" marijuana use laws belong with the states. Huh?

And please stop referring to this as "women's reproductive rights." I, as a woman, have the right to either procreate or not. I have the right to use birth control (including abstinence-- ever heard of that??) or not. I have all power over my body, and I don't need idiots like NOW telling me the SCOTUS can take it aaaaaaall away.

These people are crazy, and driving me crazy. Clearly they slept through their U.S. Government classes in school. Shut up already and give us a real reason that Roberts should not be confirmed (ya know, one that doesn't have to do with abortion).




Comments: Post a Comment