TurningWheels

Monday, August 09, 2004
  On the shelf
 
Have you been to a bookstore and looked at the Current Events shelf lately? Where 2/2.5 years ago most books on that shelf were related to terrorism and Islam, today at least one in three books is anti-Bush. No kidding-- I'm being conservative in my estimates here. There are a couple of "right-leaning" books, but for the most part they aren't.

I was looking for a couple of books about Islamic fundamentalism (Robert Spencer, Daniel Pipes, etc.) and could not find one in that section. For the life of me, I couldn't figure out where to find those kinds of titles. Then I thought: considering where I live and the PC police on every street corner, it wouldn't suprise me at all if books like those I'm looking for are not sold at the local bookstores. Seems like they're doing the smart thing: just selling to their market. Nice market I live in, eh?




Comments: Post a Comment