TurningWheels

Friday, March 26, 2004
  Strange...
 
Yesterday morning on the radio I heard an advertisement for the upcoming Prince show. I've always wanted to see him live, and this tour is being billed as the "last time" (why do we always hear those two little words?) he will play his hits. So we got tickets.

Last night I was talking to a friend about the total lack of musicians I really care to see live, and mentioned that I regret not catching a Van Halen (w/Sammy Hagar and/or DLR) show while I could.

Well....

Van Halen Ends Feud with Former Singer, Sets Tour

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - One of pop music's messiest feuds has come to an end with the return of vocalist Sammy Hagar (news) to rock band Van Halen after an eight-year absence, the veteran group said on Friday.

Additionally, Van Halen will return to the road this summer for the first time in nearly six years, launching a tour of indoor North American arenas in Greensboro, North Carolina on June 11.

With Prince and Madonna (news - web sites) also preparing concert tours and promising to play their golden oldies, nostalgic fans will soon have plenty of opportunities to party like it's the eighties.

...

Now, this is the typical reunion born of selfish motives, no doubt. Hagar's solo career was never at the level of his career with VH, and Van Halen has face-planted post-Hagar. So why not take a stab at making some money off of folks like myself who never got to see them? Whether or not I'll actually go is up in the air, but it sure is tempting...




Comments: Post a Comment