TurningWheels

Thursday, May 08, 2003
 
Not the same

I caught part of MTVicon:Metallica last night. The show itself was pretty lame, and it's hard to watch Avril Lavigne perform one of their songs and not laugh. It must be said: they're just not the same without Jason Newsted. He was my favorite member, maybe because he always seemed like the odd man out, yet he was the most outgoing towards the fans, often staying hours after a show to sign autographs. I liked him, and the new bassist... he's not very "Metallica". Something about him seems strange. Then there's Lars. He irks me, mostly because of his bad attitude and his lame run-in with Napster. JMHO. I don't listen to them much anymore, and haven't bought any of their latest albums. Guess I'm not much of a fan anymore. Oh well.




Comments: Post a Comment