TurningWheels

Thursday, April 03, 2003
 
I want my kids to attend this school

Campus elevates kids' patriotic spirit

All 200 students gather in the courtyard every morning to say the Pledge of Allegiance and sing the national anthem and other patriotic songs before heading to class.

I remember my days in elementary school when we learned all of our country's patriotic songs. PC hadn't started its degradation of America yet, so it was okay to sing a song with "God" in it because nobody had been brainwashed enough to find it offensive. Ah, the good ol' days....

On the other hand, I would pull my kids from this one:

ACLU Concerned With School Pledge Policy

Madnick said some students at Bellingham High School have been taken out of class and sent to the principal's office for refusing to stand during the Pledge of Allegiance as a way of protesting the war in Iraq.

Well, maybe I could stand behind this school. But it's only a matter of time before the ACLU gets its slimey hands all over it and ruins it for the rest of the kids. After this, they'll probably ban the pledge so as to not offend anybody. The vocal minority will win again.




Comments: Post a Comment