TurningWheels

Tuesday, April 22, 2003
 
Here we go again...

Republican lawmakers, regardless of their true feelings, have a lot to learn about the consequences of their words among the crowd of their overly-sensitive opponents, ready to pounce on their poorly picked WORDS. I read the transcript, and I must say that Sen. Santorum's words are pretty out there. Do I think he needs to step down over it? Hell no! Why? Because I'm getting sick and tired of the double standard within our Congress. It appears to me that Democrats can say whatever they want, whenever they want, with impunity. Let's see, we've had Patty Murray, John Kerry, Tom Daschle, Jim Moran... well, I think you catch my drift.

Also, while the holier-than-thou crowd hoots and hollers about what Senator XYZ said today, why don't they take a look at their record for a change? After all, don't actions speak louder than words? Let's just hope that the Republicans don't bow down to the whining and bitching yet again, as we all know that Trent Lott didn't mean it "that way", and I'm sure that Senator Santorum is no bigot. I'm friggin' tired of this incredible hypocrisy.




Comments: Post a Comment