TurningWheels

Friday, March 21, 2003
 
Screw Canada

Apparently, Canadians don't know the meaning of respect:

Before the New York Islanders played the Canadiens on Thursday night, the crowd was asked to "show your support and respect for two great nations" before the anthems. But a significant portion of the crowd booed throughout "The Star-Spangled Banner."

"I came to the game pretty pumped up, but once I heard that it really got me going," said Islanders forward Mark Parrish, from Bloomington, Minn. "So I guess I can thank them a little bit for getting me more pumped up."

It must be really nice to live under the blanket of American security, never pay for it, and then complain about it. I have no tolerance for those who show utter disrespect to the people that keep them free. Our troops are putting their lives on the line for all of us, and they boo. Booing our anthem today is like thumbing your nose at our troops. So keep burning our flag and booing our national anthem-- I'll keep that in mind the next time I hear O Canada.

Oh, by the way, final score: New York 6, Montreal 3.




Comments: Post a Comment