TurningWheels

Monday, March 17, 2003
 
Dial up blues

I'm away from home (freezing my tail off in Arizona, to be specific) and my dial up hasn't been working. Now it is working, and I can't deal. It is just so slow. It's been at least 2 years since I've used a dial-up connection, and I just don't want to use it ever again. Hotels need to get on the ball and equip rooms with broadband. Better yet, a wireless broadband network. (I'm drooling.) And of course I'm offline while there is so much going on in the world. I'm in my room right now, skipping out on our conference, waiting for President Bush to finally crack the whip.

As far as freezing, it has been raining all day, and it's cold. Mid-fifties, and windy. Don't laugh, I'm a native Californian, and I guess I expected some desert sun in the middle of March. Oh well. I can't wait to go home.




Comments: Post a Comment