TurningWheels

Thursday, March 20, 2003
 
Back in the saddle

So glad to be home. Sad at what I've come home to (literally heard the President's speech in the car on the way home from the airport), but relieved we're finally getting on with this. I have so much catching up to do... I don't know where to begin!

Speaking of saddles-- went horseback riding yesterday for the first time since high school. It was just a walk around a desert trail. The desert was incredibly green from the recent rains, and the wild flowers are just days away from blooming. The geography of our south west desert is spectacular. My horse, Pepper, was so sweet, once I got over the intimidation of this animal that is at least 5 times my size. And now I'm really sore, and knew I would be when I couldn't walk after dismounting. Who knew that you actually use muscles to ride a horse??




Comments: Post a Comment